Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What next? Another new me?

My friend, Jen, inspired me to do this. I can't believe I'm blogging! I loved seeing her pictures and reading about her day-to-day life. Not only can I relate to what her life is all about now, but reading her blog made me think about how much I have to be thankful about, too, and how lately I'm taking it all for granted.

So, this is me: Fifty-something mother of nine. I'm not being coy about my age. I just can't remember if I'm 53 or 54. I'd have to do the math. It's not worth it. My oldest child, Joshua, is 32 as of yesterday. My youngest, Emma, is 8 years old.

I have two married sons and three grandchildren. Another son will be married at the end of the summer. I'm so blessed with wonderful daughter-in-laws and d-i-l to be. I never take that for granted because I hear of so many unhappy in-law stories. That must be awful. I always wanted to love my daughter-in-laws. I had five sons first and thought maybe that might be the only way I would get daughters-by having my sons marry them. But, then I was blessed with four daughters. I have often said that they were my reward for having all those boys! But, I was just kidding. The boys were a lot of fun when they were little. I'm just glad I was young when I had them and that I had the girls in my "old age". It's a lot quieter now.

2 comments:

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Elaine, I am so unbelievably excited that you are doing this now! I can't wait to read all about what you do because we can never seem to spend enough time on the phone and when we do, we have such a bad connection because I am too far south! I love the article you wrote about your family. I really hope I have daughters-in-law that I love, too. And sons-in-law. I love your slide show, too. I hadn't seen that style. This is fun! Now get your kids to do this and you will really be rocking and rolling!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

I watched all the pictures in your slide show. Did Bill really look like that? Amazing! By the by, you are good at this! You already have the slide show and the music and everything. Something you might like to add is the site meter so you can see from what part of the world people come to look at your site. Just go to www.sitemeter.com, I think.