Monday, October 25, 2010

Crazy Days

Because it's Homecoming Week at the High School everyday is dress up day for the high-school age girls. The Senior girl dressed like someone from the 80's. She borrowed clothes from the mother of a friend and jewelry and make-up from me. The freshman was supposed to dress from the 50's but she was too tired last night to look for the poodle skirt we have in the dress-up box. Too bad. She would have made a cute teeny-bopper.

At the elementary school where our ten year old goes to school, it was crazy hair day.  Last year this is what we did with a water bottle and hair bands:


But, today, the ten year old remembered about Crazy Hair Day just as we were leaving the house. Great. She grabbed several hair bands and an empty water bottle and we hurried to school. We carpool and although it wouldn't bother me too much to be late, I can't make someone else's child late. So, once we dropped him off we turned our attention to her hair. It's a lot shorter than it was a year ago and I didn't think the bottle trick would work again. Plus, I found out she didn't bring a brush or any hairspray, both of which we needed. I tried to think of what I had in the car that we could use. Duct tape?...Nah, that might be painful. Hmm. I have that phone that I need to take back to Radio Shack because it doesn't work. Maybe...yeah!



 The day was saved!  Panic is the mother of ...well, something.

7 comments:

Courtney said...

hahahahah! oh my goodness, that is the best crazy hair i have ever seen. a phone? NICE! i love it :)

Rondi said...

I agree..How creative with the phone. I will have to remember that for the granddaughters.

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Oh my gosh, the hair! Hilarious!

Emme said...

hahaha that is SO awesome! I Chelsea's from last year too haha.

Hayley Boushka said...

Hahaha all pretty funny but michelle's outfit is sweet!!

Miriam said...

Michelle YOU ROCK!

elaine'smom said...

Elaine, you are the mother of invention! I've seen you work miracles more than once! I think you are fantastic! Just because I'm your mother doesn't mean I am prejudiced-does it?