Tuesday, December 21, 2010

OOh, pretty lights!


Emma's fort with lights.  Hers were the only ones up for weeks.



I think I'm finally in the "Christmas mood". 

1. All my little chicks have come home to roost for the holidays.  Hayley came in Wednesday night and Drew and Courtney came in Sunday night.  Has anyone else noticed that flights are ALWAYS late nowadays?

Courtney and Drew and Emma at the Greenery

2. Last Monday (a week ago) we finally got our tree up with the help of all of our kids and kids-in-laws.
2. I think I'm actually done with all the shopping, not the food part, but I'm close on that, too.
3. Most of the gifts are wrapped and all the girls have been a great help with that.
4. Bill, with Emma's help, put Christmas lights up on our house!

Our house with lights

5. And yesterday for FHE we all went caroling to our neighbors taking them homemade fudge, divinity and pecan pralines, which I made yesterday afternoon. We also gave everyone a copy of Drew's new CD, "What a Wonderful World".

It's officially Christmas! Now, I can't wait for everyone to open their presents!

Oh, PS: I didn't have to have the epidural after all. My back is much, much better. Thanks everyone for your concern.

7 comments:

Courtney said...

the lights on your house are SO pretty! it was the first thing i said when drew & i drove up. i'm so happy we're home & enjoying the holidays with everyone :)

haha, also, i totally look pregnant in that photo! i'm not, just so everyone knows.

Emme said...

i'm so glad your back is better! that's so good to hear. and i'm glad you're blogging again, it's been so long!

Luvmy9 said...

Haha. I didn't even notice that Courtney. I just thought how pretty you looked in your red lipstick. We're so glad you're home, too!

Thanks, Emme. I would sure love to read your blog again, too, hint, hint.

elaine'smom said...

Dear, it is difficult to talk to you because you have so many things going on!! I am so happy your back is better. Don't bend over--let someone pick it up for you. I know it is great to have all your "chickens" home. I would love to see, and hug all of them. I talked to Larry today, and he seems to feel fine now. Can you imagine three (3) blockages in that one artery? He tells me the doctor inserted one long stent into the artery. MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone. Love you so much

elaine'smom said...

i just showed Jack the photos of the house lights. we think it looks lovely, and that fort of Emma's is so dear. So happy for all of you being together. I have an old, old cartoon that was in our Beaumont paper. Aunt Het, says I'm glad I had a flock of younguns. The only way to make sure o' having friends to love you as you grow old is to raise your own."

The Diaries of a Wimpy Mom said...

Cute post! Love the lights (and the fort!) Haha. Sorry about not being able to go caroling to the Alzheimer's home. I was so excited about that and then I got SUPER sick last Saturday and still haven't recovered. Boo. Merry Christmas to the Boushka's!

Luvmy9 said...

I'm sorry you got sick, too, Lauren. A few of us (including me) aren't feeling so well today, but we're still going ahead with our Christmas Eve dinner, even if we have to lie down to do it.
That's a great old cartoon, Mom. I'm sorry we're not spending Christmas together. We'll have to do that again. Merry Christmas. I love you.