Monday, March 8, 2010

My third son's first son's birthday

I know it's a complicated title, but I decided that if I titled this "My Granchildren" you would just run away. No one likes to hear someone else brag about their granchildren. Really, though, how can I help it?

Today was number two grandson's third birthday. Yesterday all the family living in our town came over to celebrate. I made spaghetti with meat sauce, his aunt made a great salad and his mom made homemade parmesan breadsticks which were fantastic. The girls made themselves sick eating so many of them. Here's the excited birthday boy. He's the blur in the front.










And here he is with his Dad. Genes will tell.













We had a lovely dinner together:















I just had to post this picture because of what daughter number three with the long blonde hair is asking at this moment. Can you guess? Yes, she's asking, "Is this going to be on your blog?" Well, it is now!

Birthday boy's sister and especially his cousins had fun.












Here's the whole gang:











We're missing our fifth son and his wife, sadly. They are too far away to join us-a thirteen hour drive away. And, even further away, 29 hours away, is our soon to be daughter-in-law. We can't wait until she's a part of the fun, too! Only twelve more days!


One last, but very important picture. The birthday cake was made and decorated by his Dad and he didn't even use a mold, in fact he was kind of bummed to find out that you could buy those. But, his effort is pretty amazing.

7 comments:

Emme said...

aw it looks like you all had so much fun! i can't wait to join the party:) and how did you get two pictures beside eachother???

Laurie said...

I will always read posts about other people's grandchildren - and I love all the pictures! Looks like a great party - lucky you, to have grandchildren who actually live close by:)

Courtney said...

aw i wish we could have been there!! it really does look like a blast! happy birthday to grandson #2 :)

Luvmy9 said...

When you upload the pictures to your blog, choose left for one and right for the other. I found that you can also change the positioning inside the edit page by deleting and adding directions, but I'll have to show you that in person. Soon!

elaine'smom said...

It is great to read your blogs. Now I know what is happening. I am very sad that my grandchildren live so far away. Doesn't seem fair! At least I had Alex and Josh a lot when they were young!

Luvmy9 said...

I know, Mom. I hate it that we're so far apart. One thing that drives me to put up blogs is so that you can keep up a little better with what we're doing, to supplement our phone calls. I hope you can come out soon. I plan to visit you in the spring. Well, spring is already here I guess, but I mean after the reception here.

Frances said...

From these great pictures, it sure looks like you had a great intimate family celebration and this just proves that you don't need those fancy 1st birthday party ideas just to enjoy!