Monday, April 19, 2010

Before and after losing 45 pounds, or more

BEFORE:






I've waited to post this, but even though I'm not quite finished losing the weight (5 more pounds), there's enough of a difference to show you what I've accomplished.



I hope this doesn't sound like bragging, but I am very pleased that my hard work and sacrifice have paid off. Many times I have prayed that Heavenly Father would help me stay on track, resist temptation and reap the results of my labors and He has answered my prayers. I am so grateful. I feel so much better and I feel more confident now than I did before. I've been thin before, but never this strong. The combination is amazing.

You've seen the before and the pictures above reminded you. Now, here is the after:





Yesterday:



Thanks for your support during all this, especially my wonderful husband. It wasn't that long ago that I was crying and saying to Bill, "When I thought of myself in my 50's, I never thought I would be practically an invalid." Now I am NOT an invalid!

7 comments:

Courtney said...

you look SO amazing!! i am sooo impressed. and it's wonderful to hear that you are feeling so well & strong :) you are an inspiration!

Laurie said...

Hurray for you! You are an inspiration to many, for sure. And you look even better in person - these pictures are good but you look GREAT!

Miriam said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! YOU LOOK AWESOME MOM! We had fun at your house tonight for FHE:)

elaine'smom said...

You are beautiful!!! It was all worth the effort wasn't it! I can hardly wait to see you in person.It is so wonderful that you are stronger--God is good. Bill is so kind-What a blessing.

busymomof10 said...

WOW! You look GREAT! What worked for you?? This is the journey I need to take too!!

Bill Boushka said...

Elaine bought that dress at in NYC and she looks incredible in it. The picture doesn't come close to what she looks like in person.

You are an amazing woman.

Luvmy9 said...

Thanks everyone for your sweet comments. And "busymomof10", for the whole story you can look at my January posts, but for the shorter version: I started by working out with a trainer three days a week, added additional types of exercise gradually so that I now work out six times a week, taking Sunday off. After a couple months of working out, my trainer, who knew that my goal was to lose weight, told me that I would need to also change my diet to accomplish that. I chose Jenny Craig for the same reason I chose to work with a trainer-I needed to be told what to do and when to do it. I felt helpless and hopeless when I started and wasn't sure I had the will power or strength to lose weight. The third thing is that I try to drink 10 cups of water, or 5 big glasses, of water each day. That makes a huge difference, too.
I know that having a personal trainer seems like an extravagance, but I'd rather pay him than the pharmacist. I was taking medicine three times a day and I no longer have to take anything. Plus, feeling good and feeling good about myself are priceless. That was one of the best decisions I ever made. And I had the added motivation of wanting to set a good example for my daughters and not give them the idea that having a lot of children would mean they couldn't look good, too.