Sunday, April 25, 2010

The day before yesterday I cheated, not on my husband, but on my diet. I haven't cheated very much or very badly in the last five months, but Friday I really did it whole hog, so to speak. Michelle's timing was impeccable. The day I decided to blow it, she decided to make popcorn balls. Great.

So, yesterday I went on a bike ride with Mike, Emme, and Chelsea. They decided to return home, but I wanted to ride longer. As you can see by my odometer, I went the extra mile.



OK, maybe you can't see. It says 23.3 miles. That was a long way. It was windy and sometimes though I was pedaling with all my strength I could only go 6-7 mph. Without wind and for short distances I can go 21 mph. Mostly I go about 15-16mph. So, it was windy. And, I hate wind on the way home from a bike ride. But, I accomplished my goal-making up for the cheat day. Oh, and this is what I look like riding on a windy day.



Yeah, funny, I know. But, if I don't wear the mask I get sick from allergies.

2 comments:

Sue said...

I'm so impressed! Where do you ride? You are looking so healthy, Elaine, and you just GLOW!!!

The Nevilles would like to say... said...

accidently on your blog...looking for pics of Cardston temple! My name is Leslie-I'm orignally from Cardston, high school grad from Texas, and current mother of 9 who loves Pride and Prejudice! Had to comment on how great you look and want to ask if you could share more of your very inspiring story because my challenging 45 pounds haven't gone anywhere! davles@sbcglobal.net