Friday, April 16, 2010

It will all be worth it...won't it? Yes, it will...I hope

Besides going to New York, which was incredibly wonderful, the only other thing I have thought of for two weeks or more is the wedding reception we are having in our house tomorrow night for Mike and Emme. I'm tired. And I'm tired of thinking about it. I think it will be a fun party and well worth the trouble, but like I said, right now I'm just tired. I've had a lot of help. I even hired someone to rearrange everything in the house. Really, she's a decorator, but she comes in and goes throught closets, cabinets and every room in the house and moves it all somewhere else where it looks better. Nothing is sacred and several times she or I have unearhted something that I haven't seen for years and had wondered what became of it. The house is beautiful-has never looked better. But, it's been chaotic and physically and mentally demanding. It's one of those things that I'll look back on and never regret doing, but did I mention I'm tired?

Last night Bill's mom and Aunt Muriel came in and today they came over and helped A LOT with all the preparations. So did Emme. Later in the afternoon I even Hayley and a couple of her friends who unwisely chose this day to visit. But, about 1:30 we took off a couple of hours and went out to eat and to an Estate Store that is going out of business. Everything was 30-50% off and we had a fun time browsing through every little thing. Then lunch at the Magic Pan was so relaxing. I came back rejuvenated. It was fun to forget for a little while.

Mir brought her two precious babies over to meet Great-Grandma Boushka and I snapped a couple of pictures of them.




I'm so looking forward to Emme's parents arriving. They are such a sweet couple and we enjoyed getting to know them in Canada. I just wish we could keep them here longer and give them a real taste of Texas. Just so you know, we love visitors and now that Mike has moved out we have two guest rooms. Don't let them sit empty! Ya'll come.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

grandma boushka & aunt muriel are in town?!? aww! i wish we could be there!! say hello for us :)

Courtney said...

p.s. i still dream about aunt muriel's cooking.... mmmmmmmm!

Miriam said...

Your house looks so beautiful...everything looks so beautiful (yard, reception setup, etc)! Matt and I can't wait for tonight. Let us know if you need help with any last minute preparations:)

Laurie said...

We missed meeting Bill's mom and seeing Muriel? I can't believe it - are they still in town??

elaine'smom said...

I wrote a comment yesterday--why was it not published? I just said that any guys with ulterior motives better not mess with my girls!