Friday, April 9, 2010

I'm in New York City!



And typing on an unfamiliar laptop, so this won't be long.

Plus, I can't wait to get back out there and see more of the city.

Wow! That's all I can say. Wow! If I were younger I think I might want to move here for a little while just to see what it's like to live here. I'm remembering every movie I've ever seen that was set in New York and there's a lot of them. Is that what it's like, I wonder? I like to imagine what it's like to live in every place I visit and for some places that's all I want. But for New York I could see trying it out for a few months or a year. Not with kids, probably, but if I were young and childless.

We saw Wicked last night and it is everything and MORE than I've heard. It was so amazing! Afterwards we walked to Times Square and took the subway back to the hotel. That was an adventure as it was our first time on the NY Subway system. They aren't very nice, but cheaper than a cab for sure. We got in after 1:00an.

I exercise everday in the gym on the 14th floor with the amazing view of the Statue of Liberty and the Harbor. Our room has that view, too, just lower down. Yesterday I shopeed in Sak's Fifth Avenue and bought a dress for the play. Today I'm going to Soho, Central Park, and the Metropolitan Art Museum.

A few pictures and I'm out of here.




.

5 comments:

Miriam said...

I'm so glad you liked Wicked! It looks like you're having fun! Love you!

Courtney said...

oh my gosh! i didn't even realize you were in NY!! how exciting!!! what a fun adventure!


ok, so i just asked drew if HE knew you all were there in NY & he said yes. haha... we really need to get better about telling each other these things :)

anyway, i hope the rest of your visit is as fun as is looks like it's been so far!

Emme said...

AHH! i'm so jealous! please make sure to take lots of pictures!!

elaine'smom said...

I was so anxious to hear how you like NY. Sounds wonderful. I am so glad you are getting to all those fun places.Traveling was such a pleasure. Sorry Jack is unable to do that now. I still could do it.
Love you,

Sue said...

What a TREAT!!!!