Sunday, April 18, 2010

Kickboxing-Mother & Daughter Style

Hayley and I are kicking..bag! AFter a couple of months of kickboxing a couple of nights a week, Hayley decided to join me in the fun. And, it IS fun.

Usually we share a bag and it works well, but the other night she kicked while I was punching and my thumbnail got in the way. The gloves don't cover your fingers to the tips. My thumbnail was bent back about a third of the way and, let me tell you honestly, I wanted to cry. But, I don't think kickboxers cry so I just walked it off. My trainer, Victor, told me the next day that he would have cried.

Emma took these pictures. Check out the back of Hayley's shirt.




"Jab"










"Cross"















"Uppercut"







"Hook"










2 comments:

elaine'smom said...

Elaine, you look skinny!!! love it-proud of you. Any guys with ulterior motives==Don't mess with those girls!! I would like to do that kick boxing (if I could lift my legs)You both look great.

Courtney said...

that looks like so much fun! you both really do look great, i agree. the part about your nail made me cringe though. i'm sorry that happened!! eek.