Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Purple shoes


I'm not a fashion blogger, but I just have to show you (especially Hayley) my new shoes.  I follow a fashion blog called "I'm Clothed Much".  I love her style.  Of course, she's a young 20 something and darling.  I can't dress like her, but it does give me ideas of how to put things together, and I like that she's fashionable and modest and does it on an extremely limited budget. Under her pictures of her outfits she always puts the cost of each item.  I'm always amazed at how good she looks and spends so little.  She also has links to items that are the same or similar as she wears and I frequently will click on those links and I have found several new favorite online stores.

Recently Elaine (yes, she has the same name, so you know she's a great person) put a link to these purple pumps because she has a similar pair.  I think the link stated that they were no longer available but I clicked anyway.  The shoes were adorable and on sale for..get this...$7.35! No, really! I checked and there were only two pairs left-a size 7 and a size 9.  I wear size 9!  I clicked buy and it said they were sold out. No!! I don't know why, but I clicked buy again and it went through.  I filled out the form and paid for it, but all the time I was thinking, "I'm going to get an email that these really are sold out."  Instead, in a few days I received the package in the mail and now these are my new favorite shoes!
 And here they are with two different outfits.  Am I styling, or what?

Hayley, notice I'm wearing "our" bracelet? It still looks better on you.

10 comments:

Emme said...

i love your purple shoes!!! if you notice them missing from your closet it wasn't me....:p

Hayley Boushka said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hayley Boushka said...

I love them!!! super cute and seriously less then 8 bucks?? will you please inform me of deals like this?! and mom i wear i size 7...just saying. I also miss "our" bracelet but don't worry it looks good on you too haha. Btw have you read my essay? i need to organize and edit it more..

elaine'smom said...

Elaine, how beautiful the shoes are. I am so glad you are enjoying your clothes-you look beautiful. When I was very young, and had a nice shape I couldn't afford to buy much--but, Now that I could buy anything I want I am too old, and, clothes for my age aren't very pretty! So, enjoy!!!

Luvmy9 said...

Mom, you still are beautiful and find great clothes. But, I guess I know what you mean. I love the clothes that the kids wear, especially Michelle's but they're too young for me. You've always had such cute shoes, too, and small feet to make them look good. Nowadays though, everyone seems to have bigger feet, so I don't feel like I stand out.

Miriam said...

Those are really cute shoes Mom! I agree with Hayley, you'll have to send out a family email when you see great deals like that:)

I've loved reading your posts. I hope you keep updating your blog. Especially while we're gone.

BTW thanks for picking up Matt and Chelsea in the middle of the night:)

Luvmy9 said...

Oh, and Hayley, I am so sorry I didn't grab the size 7 for you. I am never quite sure what size you or Emma wear (you little feet people)or that you would even like the shoes. I brought home some purple shoes for Shelly from Stein Mart. Not $7 shoes, but still only $25, and she didn't like them, said she'd never wear heals that short. And, in short, I felt put in my place.

Luvmy9 said...

Heels, not heals. Ugg.

Rondi said...

Despite the "short heels", I could never wear them. I would definitely sprain or break both ankles. Flats for me. But, by the way, you look great!! And the shoes look great on you, too.

Saw Kathy Wagley and she said that she was glad to find your blog. I never knew that you and she went to school together. It is amazing the things I find out every so often. Tell Bill hi for us.

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

You are so cute, and thin, and styling! I LOVE those shoes! :)