Saturday, January 1, 2011

More on Christmas Day...and more and more...


Paper Jamz Guitar-the current craze
Thankfully, Christmas Day doesn't start too early at our house anymore. I remember when Bill and I would stay up late, really late, getting everyone's "Santa" gifts put together and in place, stuffing 9 stockings and finally, before falling in bed exhausted, setting all of the clocks back an hour or more so that we could get more sleep. We had a rule that you couldn't wake Mom and Dad before the set hour (whatever that was) and you couldn't peak into the living room where everything was laid out. We always put a sheet over the doorway(s) leading into la sala and when it was time to go in the kids lined up from youngest to oldest, Dad got ready with the camera (in later years a video camera) and filmed everyone coming in and the smiles of delight on their faces. One year we had bought the girls those pop-up tubes and tents and we made everyone crawl through the tunnel into the living room. Those were the days!
This year no one got "Santa" presents and I only hurriedly stuffed the girls stockings that morning as Bill and I had gone to bed sick. We still had them come in youngest to oldest (minus Matt and Mir and their kids). Also, we didn't get started until close to nine (that I like!) But there are so many of us now that it took close to two hours to open all the presents. We could have gone a lot faster, but after all that shopping I insist they open one at a time so that I can see everyone's reactions. This year I did most of my shopping online and I loved it. The only thing we didn't receive was one of Jen's presents, but she was a sport about it, said she'd have an extended Christmas:). Now, here are some pictures of the festivities. Add your own music, noise, rustling of paper, occasional crying babies, etc, and you'll get the general feel of it.

Michelle's obligitory frog-I wonder how many she has now?


She loves to read-now of whom does that remind you?

Yea! an iPod!

Her new purse!
  
  
I bought soft swords and shield for the three grandkids and super hero costumes. They loved them and so did Uncle Drew!

Mike in his onesies-they spent the night with us

Mom, remember the musical bear family you gave us years ago? It still works and the grandkids love it.
A few more pictures:

Cool Cole!


Drew showing off his new skinny jeans and tie-what a fashionisto!



Showing Grandma her new puzzle

Hayley in her new beret, but "I don't have make-up on!"


I can't resist adding a couple more:
WEllll, maybe just a couple more:
And, finally our Christmas day feast and the little angel who graced us with her presence:
There were many more, but you get the idea, and the idea in case you didn't get it is: You need to join us next year for Christmas!
Love you, Mom!

And, Happy New Year to everyone!

5 comments:

Emme said...

i love all the pictures! especially the last one of sarah, she's so cute :)

elaine'smom said...

OH YES! I want to be there! That really seems like Christmas just looking at the pictures, and reading the letters. We had a very quite one,but so happy to be with dear sister, Reta.Having all your little ones there was great. I hope their gift cards to Toy R Us arrived. Thanks for sharing.

Rondi said...

Totally understand all the pictures. Grandmas' cameras are always on and ready to take the pictures. You have beautiful children and they all looked so excited with their gifts. Merry Christmas!!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

How fun to have all those little kids there just when your own kids are growing up! Thanks again for New Year's Eve!

The Diaries of a Wimpy Mom said...

I love it! Seriously, you are such an amazing writer. Every post is so easy to read. I remember one night I discovered your blog and I read it for hours! I think I probably read every post you ever posted! Love the pictures, too. Glad your Christmas was delightful!