Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Good News is Out!

Mike became engaged over the weekend to a lovely young lady from Canada. Her name is Emme Skoien. They met at BYU-I a couple of years ago and have dated and had a long distance relationship since then. She has visited here in our home a couple of times and we thought maybe we had scared her off. But, I guess true love won out. They are tenatively planning to be married in March and probably in Canada in the Cardston, Alberta temple, but I'm sure if you're reading this blog, you'll get an invitation with firm details. We can't wait to travel to Canada and meet her parents.

Emme's parents emmigrated from Norway when she was three years old and they still speak Norwegian in their home. She is an absolutely beautiful girl inside and out. We are thrilled that she will be a part of our family. We fell in love with her the first time we met her. And she already has Mike well in hand.


So, just a few more pictures of our new daughter-in-law to be. I love getting children this way. And, I totally stole these pictures off Emme's facebook page. I hope you don't mind, Emme. But, you are undeniably gorgeous and I just had to show the world-well, okay, my four followers and you're one of them.






That last picture was made in Canada. How beautiful it looks. I'm looking forward to seeing the sights there. The girls and I plan to drive up with Mike a little early and fly back. It will be during spring break which is very convenient.
Mike and Emme will live here for awhile while Mike works and finishes his undergraduate degree and I can't wait for the wedding! And Emme likes to bike ride :) so I'll have another exercise partner. Thanks, Mike for having such excellent taste. My sons have all picked wonderful women. Thanks, boys. I told you all when you were young that I would love your wives, and you've made it so easy for me.

7 comments:

Courtney said...

i'm SOOO excited to have emme as a sister-in-law-in-law (do i need two "in-law"s?)!!! YAY!

Emme said...

Aren't you glad you can tell anyone you want know?! I thought it was pretty cruel of Mike to tell you so early and make you keep it a secret hahaha.

I can't wait for you and everyone else to come up here for the wedding and meet my parents! A warning: March is probably the ugliest month of the year. It will most likely be patches of brown grass and snow and windy... You really need to come in the summer.

I can't wait to be your daughter!! And Courtney, we're just sister period ok? no "in-laws" :)

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

She really is gorgeous and Michael is such a lucky boy! Are you having a reception at your house or somewhere in El Paso? I hope so. You know I'll be there!

Luvmy9 said...

I'm so excited, too, Courtney. Emme is a wonderful addition to our family. And, yes, Emme, I thought it was cruel of Mike to make me keep the secret, too. He even got upset when little Emma found out! The pictures on your blog are incredibly beautiful. We'll go back in the summer for sure, now that we'll know someone there.
And, yes, Jen. We will have a reception here at our house in April. Mike and Emme haven't told me for sure, but I think it will be the 17th of April, which is a Saturday. I'm so glad you'll come. Remember your wedding here in April?

Luvmy9 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miriam said...

Yay!!! I can't wait to meet you Emme:)

Love, Miriam

Drew Boushka said...

Miriam you met Emme... when Courtney and I got married... .... or don't you remember? ...you make me sad.