Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Why is it there?

I don't like looking for things. It drives me crazy when I have to look for something that I know I put in a certain place, but it's not THERE! That's why I try to be so organized and why I label everything, so that I don't have to remember where it goes and so, hopefully, others in the house and find what they need and will put it back where it belongs when they are finished. I wish the latter happened more often. I am truly amazed at where I find some things. Take for instance, the chandelier in our entryway.





Need a closer look?




What can those shadows be? Well amazingly this is what they are:




A sock and a gum wrapper. Well, of course. Just what you'd expect to find in a chandelier, right? Don't ask me. I couldn't possibly explain it.
Now, another prime example. This is the glass fronted curio cabinet in our entryway. It has a statue of Jesus Christ and mementos from Matt's mission to Japan and Mike's mission to Chile. Lovely?



But, on the top the other day I found this:



I dont' even think that would have been easy to put there from the stairs. So, all I can say is, "Why?" The frustrating part is that I will never know. I won't know why there is a cereal bowl left on the shelves in the family room, or food under the cushions on the couch on which no-one is ever supposed to eat. I think my mother will say I should have taught my children better, but it's been a long time since she's lived with children and teenagers.

9 comments:

Courtney said...

i know that must be so annoying to you, but i couldn't help but laugh! really? a sock in the chandelier?? haha!

Bill Boushka said...

Darling, I think I put the pink post-its on the top of the cabinet. I found it on the bannister and moved it there while doing something else.

Emme said...

Haha, i agree with Courtney, it is very aggravating but at the same time it's so rediculous it's humorous.

Luvmy9 said...

Well, one mystery is cleared up. Thanks, sweetheart. And, how nice that you read my blog without my asking.

Miriam said...

I put the sock in the chandelier :) Just kidding

elaine'smom said...

WELL< I know MY children wouldn't have done that!!! They threw their socks under the bed!!!

Luvmy9 said...

I LOVE it Mom! You're great!

Luvmy9 said...

Wait1 I never threw my clothes UNDER the bed, did I? They were always covering the top of the other twin bed in my room. I was somewhat neat, I guess.

elaine'smom said...

You're right. You did have an extra bed to put your used clothing! The boys did the sock thing.One time I decided to wait and see how many I would find---it was six pairs-that didn't happen again. I only wish it could!