Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sweethearts





The girls made sugar cookies tonight. "M" came and told me that I might not want to come out of the office and thoughtfully shut the door so that I wouldn't have to smell them.

It was kind of tough when I went to the kitchen later. But, just so that you see that I'm not suffering or going hungry, here is a picture of what I ate last night. I grilled the chicken with worchestershire sauce and lime and made extra for anyone else that wanted some. Most were eating leftovers from the night before. There's no picture of that because I couldn't eat it-pork roast with potatoes and carrots and celery. But Mike and I had the grilled chicken over salad and topped with chopped tomatoes, avocado, cilantro and green onions. I put a chili verede salsa on top of mine.



The limeade is also legal because it's just lime juice, water, and a sugar substitute called Truvia. It was deliciously sour.

I measured myself tonight and I'm not nearly as small as I want to be, but I've lost almost 12 inches total in my bust, waist, and hips. It's frustrating because I work so hard every day and I want to be a size 8 or 10 now! I just have to remember that I didn't put it all on in 3 months and it's going to take longer than 3 months to get it all off. So, I celebrate the victories and the milestones.

I got a pedicure this week to celebrate one month on Jenny Craig and over 20 pounds lost in all.



If your computer resolution is high enough you might see all the tiny marks on my feet. Those are just from wearing tennis shoes with socks all day.

7 comments:

Emme said...

wow! you definitely deserve that pedicure. i'd better get dieting too or you're going to be thinner than me!

Miriam said...

Good work Mom! Tell the girls the sugar cookies looked delicious :)

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

That meal looks so good! And so did the cookies! And so do your nails! 12 inches? Wow, you should be very pleased with yourself!

Luvmy9 said...

Thanks, everyone, for all the encouragement and support. I am very pleased. I have to remind myself to celebrate and enjoy. I tend to see the glass half-empty, or what I haven't lost or done, yet.

elaine'smom said...

I am so proud of you!!! you deserve all the love and respect from your family--and, they had better give it to you OR ELSE!

Luvmy9 said...

Thanks, Mom. I love you.

Laurie said...

You are a nut! I love that you took a picture of your pedicure - and I would have chosen the meal you fixed over the leftovers, it looks fabulous. You are an inspiration!