Saturday, February 13, 2010

Mike and Emme

I've sent a few people to my future daughter-in-law's blog to see the pictures her dad took of Mike and Emme last week when he was visiting (and proposed). But, her blog is private, I forgot, so I copied and saved the pictures and here are three of them. It's very beautiful in Alberta right now and these two are beautiful all the time.







Emme is working hard to get everything done in the next five weeks. We are too. Bill bought our tickets to Canada today. Well, actually his and #1 daughter's tickets to Canada and tickets home from Canada for me and the other three daughters. We're driving up a week early with Mike and flying home. I wish we had room in our car to stop off and pick up Drew, but he might have a ride. Matt and his sweet wife are driving up, too. I'm so glad we'll have family there for the wedding and reception in Canada. A sweet (very sweet) lady in Emme's family ward is providing a place for us all to stay. We're so grateful. We'll all be able to stay together in this 12 bedroom lodge. The town Emme's family lives in has only 300 people so there aren't hotels or restaurants. This will make our stay so much nicer. I can't wait!

I went shopping for a dress for the wedding on Friday evening. After looking through hundreds of dresses online I knew pretty much what I wanted, but thought I might have a hard time finding it. It was only the second dress I tried on, so I was pleased with that, and that it wasn't very expensive. I also found the shoes in the same store, so I'm set. One daughter has her dress, so we only need three more.


(Those aren't the shoes. I had to order them and they'll arrive at the house this week.)

This is another exciting picture that makes it all the more real to me.

8 comments:

Courtney said...

oh my goodness, you look amazing!!! wow! and the dress you found is so pretty :)

drew & i are planning on driving up on the wednesday afternoon or thursday morning before the wedding day. so, barring any car trouble, we'll for sure be there :)

Luvmy9 said...

YAY!!!!!! I didn't know you would be able to miss school. I am SO glad you'll be there.

Emme said...

I'm so happy courtney and drew are coming as well! I'm also so happy that you're so excited and involved in the wedding. I'm glad to have help :)

elaine'smom said...

Elaine, It is Target where emme is registered? I printed those pics of your dresses. you look great!

Luvmy9 said...

Yes, it's Target. I suggested they consider another place, too, maybe Bed, Bath and Beyond. But, I don't know if they will. The invitations are ready, so you should see one soon. They're beautiful! It's a picture that is not yet published.

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Ooooo! I love the dress. You can definitely see how much weight you have lost and you look amazing!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

And it's awesome that your mom comments on your blog and that her name is elaine'smom!

Luvmy9 said...

I love that, too, Jen. Hope you're feeling good. You're in my prayers for a quick and easy delivery.