Sunday, January 24, 2010

Catching up

How do you like the new look of my blog? It took a lot of trial and error (and my son's help) to figure this out, but I get bored easily and I was really tired of the old look. I hope you like it.

I weigh-in tomorrow and that's always exciting. It's a good thing I'm making good progress. My married children and their children came over to day to eat and my sweet daughter-in-laws worked together to make a delicious meal. I had to take that on what everyone else was saying, as, still, I can only eat the salad, minus the feta cheese :(, along with my pre-packaged food. I consoled myself with knowing that today I wore a dress to church that I hadn't been able to wear in a long time.

On Friday my trainer was taking pictures with my camera and he caught me at the end of my third set of this exercise. It's funny, or at least he thought so, but it does show my determination to get back into shape.




Youngest daughter finished her science fair project over the weekend. She did her project on how heart rate (resting, walking, running and post-exercise) is affected by how fit the person is, or how much exercise they engage in. So, for several days all sorts of people were traipsing through my bedroom into the exercise room. That was okay until yesterday when I was sick with a sinus infection. Here is her self-portrait and a picture for the project showing her taking her big brother's pulse.





Two weeks ago 3rd daughter was working on her science fair project (which required no help from Mom and Dad) and here is a picture of her.



Sorry I haven't written much lately. I'll try to do better.
Quote for the day: "Perseverance, n. A lowly virtue whereby mediocrity achieves an inglorious success." Ambrose Pierce

3 comments:

Courtney said...

oh i love the new blog layout! i am so impressed! i really like the picture of you working out, too. and the girls are so pretty, as always :)

we miss you & love you!

Luvmy9 said...

Thanks. I just googled blog templates and found 100's. You download them for free and then import it into your blog. I found some great ones and plan to change frequently.

Miriam said...

I love the new look of your blog :) Thanks for making us feel so welcome here. Isaac and I drew another picture of you today.