Thursday, January 28, 2010

Rainy Day!

This is a wonderful day. It's about 44 degrees F and it's raining and thundering. I love it. Maybe where you live that's a common occurence, but not here. So, I thoroughly enjoy every minute. It's even better when you can stay home and listen to the rain on the roof of a warm, dry house. I'm in the coziest bathrobe I've ever owned and doing just that. This is what it looks like outside.

















Unfortunately, I can't stay burrowed up at home.
I have to referee a swim meet this afternoon. It's District time for the High School Swim Teams, so I will be at the Tigua Pool for three days. Friday and Saturday there are meets in the morning and in the afternoon. At the end of one meet your feet hurt, at the end of five sessions, everything hurts-knees, back, brain. Sometimes I leave meets with my ears ringing, from the enthusiastic cheering and yelling of kids and spectators and also from the music over the loudspeakers that keeps the swimmers pumped up. I am so not looking forward to this, but consoled by the fact that these are the last meets of the season. Now I just have to invoice all the school districts to pay the swimming officials, cut them all checks and then, hallaleujah, it's over.

I'll be looking at water, but, it's just not the same. This is the Tigua:


Wish me luck-and good judgement.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

oooh i love desert rain! i wish i was there now! i'm sorry you have to go ref the swim meet :( good luck!

Laurie said...

Good luck and good judgement! And yes, I loved all the rain today too!

Sue said...

You do such a great job at the meets. Thank you for all the time and effort you put in for the kids. (and I like hearing a familiar voice over the loudspeaker!)